For Windows users, Blue Screen of Death errors still remain the worst nightmares. When user is hit by such an error then it causes the PC to shut itself down and hence leading to not being able to continue the regular work and also lose of “work done.” Now this particular error named ‘0xc000021a’ shows up only when the update the Windows. This happens just because of two files which we are going to list below.
- Winlogen.exe This is the file which is responsible for the login and log out service of Windows, and so if this file gets damaged then this usally leads to one not being able to get into Windows and hence leading to the disaster error named ‘Blue Screen of Death’.
- CSRSS.exe This file is a Microsoft Client/Server and when it gets damaged then it often lead to one having this Blue Screen of Death.
So now that you know the cause of 0xc000021a error, but you still do not know how you can fix the error. You don’t have to panic if you’re not a very geeky or techy person. The fixes we give below are explained thoroughly which will help to use your computer without any trouble.
How to Fix error 0xc000021a?
You may will not even require to use all of them but simply keep on trying them one by one until one works out for you.
- There are various programs that find and repair the corrupt system which helps to solve these issues easily. So one program that we would like to recommend to you is Reimage Plus.
- visit Reimage Plus. Download and install it, then search for the corrupted programs. If it founds then simply click on the ‘Repair’ button in order to repair it.
- If the problem is still there are no corrupted files were detected then follow the next step.
This error can also be solved by simply booting Windows Manually. If you do not know how to boot window manually, don’t worry, Follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First of all, you will have to restart the computer, do remember to hold down the Shift Button while clicking on the Restart option.
- It will take you to a screen which will have a few options, select Troubleshoot.
- Now a new screen will open and then from there choose the option named Advanced Options.
- Now on the next screen select Startup Settings and then on the Startup screen select Disable driver signature enforcement.
After that, computer will restart with the setting that you chose. When PC starts check if the issue is solved. If the issue still persists then follow the next step.
This issue can also be resolved by resetting the computers BIOS. Now this method is only applicable on computers as laptops Motherboard is not directly accessible. You will probably have to remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard and then reconnect it after a couple of minutes. Now in order to reset the BIOS of you computer you have to follow the steps that are given below.
- First completely shut down the computer.
- After that, remove the electricity cables and other wires that are connected to your CPU.
- Now pry open the CPU and then locate the CMOS battery. After that remove the CMOS battery and wait for a couple of minutes before reconnecting it.
After reconnecting it put the computer together and connect all the cables to turn on the PC. After turning the PC on check if the problem is solved or not.
This error can also be corrected by using an SFC scan. In order to perform the scan, follow the instructions given below:
- Open the Start Menu and search for Command Prompt and open it as an administrator.
- Type sfc / scannow and then hit enter in order to perform the SFC scan.
- Now the scan will start and it will probably take about 15 minutes.
After the scan is finished then check if the error is still present or not; It it is then check out our last fix.
You can also let the computer repair itself automatically. To do so, Follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, Restart the computer, do remember to hold down the Shift Button while clicking on the Restart option.
- Now it will take you to a screen which will have a few options in it simply select Troubleshoot.
- Then a new screen will open and then in it choose the option which will state Advanced Options.
- Now on the next screen you will have to select Startup Repair which will then begin a scan and the Windows Startup will automatically be repaired.
Did this Article Help?
These 5 steps should definitely help you the fix the 0xc000021a error on window 10 or other window versions. If it helped you then let us know in the comment section. If issue still persists then comment below so that we can help you out.