If you were working on your computer and your computer shut down itself completely; You were presented with a blue screen, then got hit by one of the few blue screen of death errors.
Why it happens?
CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION is one of these blue screen errors that occurs because of software and hardware issues. So lemme clear the air – What happens is that when your computer doesn’t know as to what it should do then it simply shuts itself down in order to prevent damage to it.
Guide to Fix CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION Error
Fix #1 Uninstall Programs
So if you have any of these programs being installed on your computer then disable or completely uninstall them and then check that if the problem still persists. If it doesn’t help you then go to the fix number 2.
Fix #2 Update Drivers
There are massive amount of reports that Blue Screen of Death errors was caused due to outdated, faulty or corrupted drivers. So it is recommended to keep the drivers of your device updated.
It is very easy to update your device drivers, if you do not know as to how you can do so then follow the instructions given below:
- Open the Start Menu and then search for Device Manager.
- Now in device manager check all the devices by right clicking on them and then select Update Drivers.
- Now select Search automatically for updated driver software in order to update the drivers.
- Now after updating every driver of your PC, restart your PC to check if problem still persists.
Fix #3 Perform a clean boot
This is a great solution to solve almost all the blue screen of death errors. Using this you only keep the programs in your computer that are required for normal functioning.
If you don’t know how to perform a clean boot then follow the steps give below; it will help you out.
- Open the Start Menu and type ‘run’ to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now type the command msconfig and followed by hitting on error.
- Now click on the Services tab and then tick the box Hide all Microsoft services (at the bottom of thew left corner) then click on on Disable all.
- Now click on the Startup tab and then in order to manage the startup items click on open Task Manager.
- Now in the Startup tab of the Task Manager disable the programs listed there and then close the task manager and click on the “apply in order to save the changes.”
Fix#4 Use Memory Diagnostic Tools
If the error still persists then try using memory diagnostic tools. Follow the instructions given below to understand how to use it to solve this error.
- Open the Start Menu and then type ‘run’ in the search box in order to open the ‘run’ dialogue box.
- Now type the command mdsched.exe and then hit the Enter button.
- Now a new Window will open and from there choose the first option stating Restart now and check for problems (recommended) in order to run a scan for your memory.
- The scan will start after that and if the error gets detected seen then the it will be automatically corrected.
Fix#5 Repair Windows
Even after following all the steps given above the error persists then use your Windows disc or pendrive to repair your Windows. Doing this this error will completely be solved and you won’t be seeing it again.
Wrapping it up!
If left untreated, This error will kept on happening and that will also impact the performance of your computer system. If these fixes helped you to solve the problem then do let us know in the comment section.
Also, if problem still persist then comment below so we can help you out.